Friday 29 December 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1911 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Bernard Saint-Hillier: French general, who served in World War II and the Algerian War.
- Klaus Fuchs: German physicist and spy (d. 1988).
- André Claveau: French singer, popular from the 1940s to the 1960s.
- San Francisco Symphony is formed.
- Sun Yat-sen becomes the provisional President of the Republic of China; he formally takes office on January 1, 1912.
- Mongolia gains independence from the Qing dynasty.
- The ''Encyclopædia Britannica'' Eleventh Edition is published under American management in England by Cambridge University Press.
- New Zealand-born British physicist Ernest Rutherford deduces the existence of a compact atomic nucleus from scattering experiments.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 December 1911 and get them!