Saturday 29 December 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1917 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Clarence Swensen: American actor who was one of the last surviving Munchkins from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
- Tom Bradley: American lawyer, politician, member of the Los Angeles police department for more than 20 years, city council member and mayor of Los Angeles beginning in 1973.
- Thomas Bradley: Calvert Politician.
- Ramanand Sagar: Indian director and producer (d. 2005).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?