Saturday 29 December 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Bradley and Clarence Swensen.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1917 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Tom Bradley: American lawyer, politician, member of the Los Angeles police department for more than 20 years, city council member and mayor of Los Angeles beginning in 1973.
- Clarence Swensen: American actor who was one of the last surviving Munchkins from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
- Thomas Bradley: Calvert Politician.
- Ramanand Sagar: Indian director and producer (d. 2005).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?