Saturday 29 December 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat and Alvin Fast.
Chimata no ko, directed by Ryôha Hatanaka, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1923 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat: French mathematician and physicist.
- Alvin Fast: American film maker and promoter of beauty contests and talent shows, a screenwriter and minor journalist writing for The Hollywood Reporter.
- Sam Sheppard: American physician who was accused of murdering his wife in her own bed on 7/04/1954.
- Cheikh Diop: Senegalese historian anthropologist and physicist (d. 1986).
- Morton Estrin: American pianist and educator.
- Dina Merrill: American actress and businesswoman
- Shlomo Venezia: Greek-Italian holocaust survivor and author (d. 2012)
- Vladimir K. Zworykin files his first patent (in the United States) for quottelevision systemsquot.
- At the International Police Conference in Vienna, the International Criminal Police (Interpol) is set up.
- The Hoda Cha'arawi Association (formerly The Egyptian Feminist Union) is established in Egypt.
- Police strike in Australia.
- The American Law Institute is established.
- The Moderation League of New York becomes part of the movement for the repeal of prohibition in the United States.
- Marcel Duchamp's artwork ''The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, Even'' (''La mariée mise à nu par ses célibataires, même'' or ''The Large Glass'') is completed in the United States.
- Rainbow trout introduced into the upper Firehole River in Yellowstone National Park, US.
- Struggling for a foothold in southern China, Sun Yatsen decides to ally his Nationalist party or Guomindang (Kuomintang) with the Communist Third International and Chinese Communist Party.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?