Monday 29 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willy Giefer .
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1930 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Fred P Newton completes longest swim ever (1826 miles), when he swam in the Mississippi River from Ford Dam, Minnesota, to New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Sir Muhammad Iqbal's presidential address in Allahabad introduces the Two-Nation Theory and outlines a vision for the creation of Pakistan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 December 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?