Friday 29 December 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1939 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Maumoon Abdul: Gayoom; President of Maldives (1978-).
- Doug Wheeler: American visual and installation artist, a pioneer of the so-called “Light and Space” movement that flourished in Southern California in the 1960s and 1970s.
- First flight of the Consolidated B-24.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Chatter Box - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 December 1939 and get them!