Sunday 29 December 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1940 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Brigitte Kronauer: Writer.
- Ed Buce: Keiser, Arkansas -- Country singer (Texas).
- Peter Koelewijn: Dutch writer/vocalist ("Come off that Roof").
- Ed Buce in Keiser: Arkansas, USA; country singer (Texas).
- Fred Hansen: American former athlete who competed mainly in the pole vault.
- Germany begins dropping incendiary bombs on London, England.
- NFL Pro Bowl: Chicago Bears beats NFL All-Stars 28-14.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yes, My Darling Daughter - Dinah Shore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?