Monday 29 December 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Danson in San Diego and Cozy Powell in England rock drummer (Jeff Beck Group.
Secret Beyond the Door..., directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Dialing for Dollars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1947 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Ted Danson in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Sam Malone - Cheers, Three Men and a Baby).
- Cozy Powell in England rock drummer (Jeff Beck Group: Whitesnake, Emerson Lake and Palmer).
- Ted Danson: American actor, a top favorite as the libidinous bartender Sam Malone in the award-winning TV series "Cheers," a role he played with wit, male chauvinism and pathos.
- Richard Crandall: American physicist and computer scientist (d. 2012).
- Leonhard Lapin: Estonian architect and poet.
- Cozy Powell: English drummer songwriter and producer (Emerson Lake & Powell The Jeff Beck Group Rainbow Whitesnake and Black Sabbath) (d. 1998)
- David Tanner: English rower and coach
- Vincent Winter: Scottish actor director and production manager (d. 1998)
- Joseph Cuvelier: Belgian historian/general, dies at age 78.
- Ship carrying Jewish immigrants driven away from Palestine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?