Saturday 29 December 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1951 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Yvonne Elliman: US actress/singer ("I Don't Know How to Love Him").
- Georges Thurston: Canadian singer-songwriter (d. 2007).
- Laurel Masse in Holland: Michigan, USA; jazz singer (Manhattan Transfer - "Operator").
- Flying Enterprise in difficulty in Canal
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Tango - Leroy Anderson & His Pops Concert Orchestra
- Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Charmaine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 December 1951 and get them!