Saturday 29 December 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurel Masse in Holland and Yvonne Elliman.
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dangerous Assignment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1951 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Laurel Masse in Holland: Michigan, USA; jazz singer (Manhattan Transfer - "Operator").
- Yvonne Elliman: US actress/singer ("I Don't Know How to Love Him").
- Georges Thurston: Canadian singer-songwriter (d. 2007).
- Flying Enterprise in difficulty in Canal
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Tango - Leroy Anderson & His Pops Concert Orchestra
- Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Charmaine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?