Monday 29 December 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1952 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Gelsey Kirkland: American ballerina, author and teacher, most noted for her meteoric rise to the top of the ballet world only to sink to the bottom and work her way up again.
- Gelsey Kirkland in Bethlehem: Pennsylvania, USA; ballerina/druggie (Nutcracker).
- Nikolai Andrianov: USSR -- Gymnist (1972, 76, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joe Lovano: American jazz musician, saxophone player, 1st child.
- Beryl Rubinstein: Composer, dies at 54.
- 1st transistorized hearing aid offered for sale (Elmsford NY)
- First transistorized hearing aid offered for sale (Elmsford, New York).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 December 1952 and get them!