Tuesday 29 December 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1953 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Gali Atari: Israeli singer and actress.
- Alan Rusbridger: Zambian-English journalist and academic.
- Kate Schmidt: US javelin thrower (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Stanley Williams: American gang leader co-founded the Crips (d. 2005).
- Thomas Bach: German lawyer, formerly fencer (he won a medal at the 1976 Olympics with the German team).
- Stanley Tookie Williams: American murderer (d. 2005)
- Matthias Platzeck: German politician, chairman of the Social Democratic Party of Germany between November 2005 and April 2006. Minister-President of Brandenburg since 2002.
- Kathy Schmidt: American javelin thrower. She was a two-time (1972, 1976) Olympian, both times winning a Bronze Medal.
- Joe Vitale: merican entrepreneur, self-help author, and singer. He became known through his marketing books Buying Trances: A New Psychology of Sales and Marketing! and There's a Customer Born Every Minute. Vitale writes about subjects such as marketing and the New Age Law of Attraction, persuasive communication, and advertising.
- Violet MacMillan: American Broadway theatre actress(Born 1887).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?