Thursday 29 December 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1955 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- Dickie Valentine - Christmas Alphabet
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Ding Dong
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Max Bygraves - Meet Me On The Corner
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?