Tuesday 29 December 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Graves in Silver City and Paula Poundstone.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Why by Frankie Avalon.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio rochela.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1959 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Leslie Graves in Silver City: New Mexico, USA; actress (Brenda - Capitol).
- Paula Poundstone: American comedienne, arrested on 6/27/2001, 3:10 PM, Malibu, on charges of child sexual abuse with a 13-year-old girl on three occasions, May 19, June 5 and June 6, 2001.
- Patricia Clarkson: American actress.
- Marco Solis: Pop Singer.
- Keith Crossan: Irish rugby player.
- Ann Demeulemeester: Belgian fashion designer
- Martin Moran: American actor and author
- Milton Ottey: Jamaican-Canadian high jumper and coach
- Physicist Richard Feynman gives a speech entitled ''There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom'', which is regarded as the birth of nanotechnology; the Lisbon Metro begins operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?