Wednesday 29 December 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1965 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Dexter Holland: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Offspring).
- Danilo Pérez: Panamanian pianist and composer.
- Bryan Holland: Rock Singer.
- David Delfino: hockey goaltender (Team Italy 1998).
- Kusaku Yamada: Composer, dies at 79.
- Thunderball premieres in US
- Supremes release My World is Empty Without You
- CBS purchases NFL TV rights for 1966-68 at US$18.8 million per year.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The McCoys - Fever
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?