Monday 29 December 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Ehle and Allan McNish.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1969 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Jennifer Ehle: British - American actress.
- Allan McNish: Scottish race car driver and journalist.
- José Noriega: Mexican footballer.
- New York Times reports Curt Flood will sue baseball and challenge the reserve clause
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?