Saturday 29 December 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1973 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Pimp C: American rapper, singer, and producer, best known for his work with Bun B as a founding member of the Underground Kingz (UGK).
- Theo Epstein: American baseball general manager.
- Christophe Rinero: French road racing cyclist, who won the Tour de l'Avenir in 1998 and the King of the Mountains in the 1998 Tour de France.
- Tomas Perez in Barquisimeto: Venezuela; infielder (Toronto Blue Jays).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 December 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?