Sunday 29 December 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Knight and James Darling.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Angie Baby by Helen Reddy.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Dog of Flanders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1974!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1974 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Tom Knight: cornerback (Arizona Cardinals).
- James Darling: linebacker (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Vegas: World Music Singer.
- Twinkle Khanna: Movie Actress.
- Mekhi Phifer: American actor.
- O'Neil Bell: Jamaican boxer (d. 2015)
- Richie Sexson: American baseball player and coach
- Ryan Shore: Canadian composer and producer
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Ringo Starr - Only You
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?