Saturday 29 December 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Paradise, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1984!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1984 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Reimo Tamm: Estonian basketball player.
- Nicola Foti: YouTube Star.
- Sean Stone: American actor, film director, producer, cinematographer and screenwriter.
- Leo Robin: American composer and songwriter (d. 1984).
- 5th United Negro College Fund
- Blues took 27 shots against Islanders in 1 period
- Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi claims victory in parliamentary elections.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love
- Wham! - Last Christmas / Everything She Wants
- Paul McCartney & The Frog Chorus - We All Stand Together
- Madonna - Like A Virgin
- Paul McCartney - Pipes Of Peace
- Howard Jones - What Is Love
- Status Quo - Marguerita Time
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Paul Young - Love Of The Common People
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 December 1984 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?