Wednesday 29 December 1993
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Slim Jimmy .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Hero by Mariah Carey.
In UK Mr Blobby by Mr Blobby was in the top 5 hits.
Emmanuelle, Queen of the Galaxy, directed by L.L. Shapira, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Slow Waltz In Cedar Bend by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All Quiet on the Preston Front.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dracula Unleashed or F1 Pole Position 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1993!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1993 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Courtney Love sues doctors for leaking news of her methadone treatment
- Todd Bridges arrested for transporting methamphetamine (speed)
- Israel and the Vatican establish diplomatic relations.
- The Congress Party gains a parliamentary majority in India after the defection of 10 Janata Dal party lawmakers.
- The second World Parliament of Religions is held in Chicago.
- U.S. President Bill Clinton sends 6 American warships to Haiti, to enforce United Nations trade sanctions against the military-led regime in that country.
- The Mississippi and Missouri Rivers flood large portions of the American Midwest.
- Severe floods hit South Asia, killing over 4,000 people in Bangladesh, India and Nepal.
- The European Exchange Rate Mechanism is put in crisis, mainly from speculation against the French franc.
- Over a dozen people are killed by the new Hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome, mainly in the Southwestern United States.
- Wildfires in California destroy over and 700 homes.
- Stephen Hawking's ''A Brief History of Time'' becomes the longest running book on the bestseller list of ''The Sunday Times'' ever.
- The Oslo Accords negotiations begin.
- Many foreigners are murdered by rebel groups in Algeria.
- The Campaign for Homosexual Law Reform succeeds in having the Irish sodomy law reformed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Hero
- Janet Jackson - Again
- Ace Of Base - All That She Wants
- Bryan Adams - All For Love
- Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
- Toni Braxton - Breathe Again
- D.R.S. - Gangsta Lean
- Michael Bolton - Said I Loved You.. But I Lied
- Snoop Doggy Dogg - What's My Name?
- Salt 'N Pepa - Shoop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?