Friday 29 December 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fotograma.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Athena: Full Throttle or Bratz: Forever Diamondz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 29 December 2006 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 December
- Police '''discover''' skulls, bodies of 15 missing children in Noida, India.
- ATT, Inc. acquires BellSouth Corporation to create one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world.
- The United Kingdom pays off the last of its debts from World War II by paying the last $100 million to the United States and Canada. The country still has debts outstanding from the Napoleonic Wars, which are cheaper to pay interest on than to redeem. (BBC)
- Kazakh Foreign Minister Kassym-Jomart Tokayev says that in the event of a war in Turkmenistan over succession to Turkmenbashi Saparmurat Niyazov, ampquotKazakhstan is not going to get involved.ampquot (Interfax)
- Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev will address the Supreme Council on 30 December 2006 in an effort to compromise on proposed amendments to the constitution. Several Parliamentarians warn that Kyrgyzstan is on the verge of civil war. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- A 25 square mile (66nbspkm²) chunk of the Ayles Ice Shelf was discovered to have broken off of Ellesmere Island, Nunavat, Canada. (CBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?