Wednesday 29 December 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Goodbye Light.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Ultimate Alien-Cosmic Destruction or Bub le Ball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 December 2010 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 December
- Bill Erwin: American actor (Born 1914).
- Seven people are injured in a bomb attack in southern Thailand by suspected Islamist insurgents. (Thai News Agency)
- Three people are killed by Islamist group Boko Haram in northeastern Nigeria, in the latest in a number of attacks. (Reuters)
- The Mexican Los Zetas drug cartel threatens to launch a war in northern Guatemala where the government declared a ampquotstate of siegeampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Five suspected Islamist militants are arrested for planning to attack ''Jyllands-Posten'' newspaper in Denmark. (BBC)
- The Iraqi cilivian death toll due to violence has fallen to just under 4,000 in 2010, the lowest since the 2003 invasion of Iraq according to the Iraq Body Count. (Reuters)
- 2010 Tunisian protests: People ignore threats of ampquotfirmampquot punishment from Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and continue to protest over unemployment and poor living conditions. (Al Jazeera)
- The minimum wage in the Chinese capital Beijing is raised by 20% for the second time in six months, amid rising food costs. (AFP)
- 12 Vietnamese sailors are missing after a cargo ship sinks in the South China Sea. 11 other crew were rescued. (''Saigon Daily'')
- An Antonov An-22 cargo plane crashes during training in Russia's Tula region, killing 12 crew. (RIA Novosti)
- A proposed draft resolution calling on the United Nations Security Council to criticise the construction of settlements by Israel is obtained by the Associated Press. (Al Jazeera)
- An open letter from about 30 rabbi wives causes controversy due to its call for Israeli girls not to date Arabs or work in places that employ non-jews, three weeks after a similar letter urged Jews not to engage in property trade with non-Jews. (ABC News Australia)
- The United States revokes the visa for Bernardo Álvarez Herrera, the Venezuelan ambassador to the country. (Al Jazeera)
- Côte d'Ivoire President Laurent Gbagbo refuses to step down after a meeting with other African leaders. (AP via Google News)
- Seven Thais, including a MP, are arrested after illegally crossing the border into Cambodia. (''Taiwan News'')
- Cuba commutes the last remaining death sentence on the island. (Sify India)
- A court in Angola sentences Joao Antonio Puati to 24 years imprisonment after convicting him in relation to the Togo national football team attack last January. (BBC)
- President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos announces the death of Pedro Guerrero, one of the country's most wanted men who was killed in a gunbattle with police while he celebrated Christmas. (BBC)
- Ikililou Dhoinine is elected president by residents of the Comoros Islands. (Reuters via France24)
- The Chinese government sets out new measures to tackle corruption. (''China Daily'')
- England retain the Ashes for the first time in 24 years after winning the fourth Test of the 2010–11 series against Australia in Melbourne. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?