Wednesday 29 February 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 February 1956 ?
- Peter Treuner: German cabaret artist who performs at the ‘academixer’ nightclub in Leipzig.
- Jono Coleman: British-Australian larger-than-life radio funnyman, Jonathan 'Jono' Coleman was born in London but was 'deported' (or so he says) to Sydney, Australia, with his parents at an early age.
- Jonathan Coleman: TV Show Host.
- Elpidio Quirino: President of Philippines (1949-53), dies at age 65.
- President Eisenhower announces he would seek a 2nd term
- In Centerville, South Dakota, USA a building is hit by a falling meteorite.
- Islamic Republic established in Pakistan.
- US President Dwight Eisenhower announces he would seek a second term.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?