Monday 29 February 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 29 February 1988 ?
Famous Birthdays:29 February
- KWK-FM in St. Louis Missouri changes call letters to WKBG
- Nazi document implicates Waldheim in WWII deportations
- New York City Mayor Koch calls President Ronald Reagan a "WIMP" in the war on drugs.
- South African archbishop Desmond Tutu is arrested along with 100 clergymen during a five-day anti-apartheid demonstration in Cape Town
- Svend Robinson becomes the first member of the Canadian House of Commons to come out as gay.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Cher - I Found Someone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?