Friday 29 February 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
21, directed by Robert Luketic, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 29 February 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 February
- Janet Kagan: American author (Born 1946).
- American TV show The Young and the Restless has now been the number one rated daytime drama for 1000 consecutive weeks in the US, since December 1988.
- Northrop Grumman and EADS win a US$35 billion U.S. Air Force contract to build a new refueling plane, the KC-45, shutting out Boeing. (Reuters)
- A White House official resigns after admitting to plagiarism in columns published by the Fort Wayne, Indiana ''News-Sentinel''. (AP via Google News)
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture stands down two employees as part of its investigation of the biggest meat recall in United States history. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The British Ministry of Defence announces that Prince Harry will have to return home from his deployment in Afghanistan as recent publicity made it too dangerous for him to stay there. (AP via ''The International Herald Tribune'')
- Turkey has announced a complete withdrawal and end to operations in northern Iraq. (BBC News)
- Ricin is found in a Las Vegas hotel room of a man who was admitted to the hospital in mid-February. The area affected is under quarantine. Officials do not suspect any relation with terrorism. (CNN)
- The African Union says its troops will arrive in the Comoros in a few days. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?