Wednesday 29 February 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Part Of Me by Katy Perry.
Project X, directed by Nima Nourizadeh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 29 February 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 February
- Violence in the Xinjiang region of China leaves 20 people dead. (''The Hindu'')
- A United Nations official claims that Syrian government activities have caused ampquotwell over 7,500 deathsampquot in the Syrian uprising. (CNN)
- The Syrian Army launches a ground offensive in Homs, as water and food supplies run out for local residents. (''USA Today'')
- Davy Jones of The Monkees dies in Florida of a heart attack. (''Entertainment Weekly'')
- James Murdoch resigns from News International to focus on running News Limited's television business with the News International phone hacking scandal as a factor in the decision. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Tornadoes hit the midwestern United States with twelve people killed, six in Harrisburg, Illinois. (BBC)
- North Korea agrees to suspend uranium enrichment and nuclear and long-range missile tests in return for food aid. (Al Jazeera)
- In the British parliament Baroness Jenny Tonge resigns the Liberal Democrat party whip after accusations of making offensive remarks about Israel. (''The Guardian'')
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez is recovering from the removal of a tumour from his pelvis in a Cuban hospital. (''The Guardian'')
- Egypt announces that a presidential election will held on May 23-24. (AP via ''Business Day'')
- Mitt Romney wins the Republican caucuses held in the US state of Wyoming. (CNN)
- In soccer, Gold Coast United is axed from the Australian A-league following a dispute between owner Clive Palmer and the Football Federation of Australia. (''The Australian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?