Tuesday 29 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Woman to Woman, directed by Graham Cutts, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1924 ?
- Josef Goreux: Belgian boxer, a welterweight, he won three bouts and lost 10 in the years 1946-1949.
- Marcelle Ferron: French-Canadian painter and stained glass artist (d. 2001).
- Peter Voulkos: American artist of Greek descent.
- Joseph Goreux: Belgium sport Champion.
- Arthur Newman: American brother of actor Paul Newman, as well as his business manager.
- Brian Trubshaw: British test pilot
- Gregson: Lord
- Dorothy Malone: American actress who played bit parts from 1943, moving into major leads by the mid-'50s, capturing the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for "Written on the Wind" in 1954. She was also featured in the "Peyton Place" TV series for four years during the ‘60s. She left Hollywood to go into real estate, though she appeared most recently in the Michael Douglas/Sharon Stone movie, "Basic Instinct."
- Luigi Nono: Italian composer, one of the founders and main representatives of serial music. Nono was an extreme socialist. He was married; two kids.
- Joseph Ludwig: Composer, dies at 79.
- Ice cream cone rolling machine patented by Carl Taylor, Cleveland, Ohio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?