Tuesday 29 January 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elio Petri and Ed Shaughnessy.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1929 ?
- Elio Petri: Italian director (Workers Class), dies at 53.
- Ed Shaughnessy: American drummer (The Tonight Show Band) (d. 2013).
- Joseph Kruskal: American mathematician and computer scientist (d. 2010).
- Puggy Pearson: American poker player (d. 2006).
- Seeing Eye Guide Dog Organization forms
- ''All Quiet on the Western Front'' (''Im Westen nichts Neues''), by Erich Maria Remarque, is published in book form.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 January 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?