Thursday 29 January 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1942 ?
- Richard Needham: British Member of Parliament.
- F R: Hartley; Vice-Chancellor (Cranfield University).
- Arnaldo Tamayo-Mendez in Cuba cosmonaut (Soyuz 38): first Cuban in space.
- Katharine Ross in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (The Graduate, Francesca - The Colbys).
- Robin Morgan in Lake Worth: Florida, USA; actress (Dagmar - Mama).
- Claudine Longet: France -- Former Mrs Andy Williams / singer
- Jean Wadoux: French middle distance runner, who competed at the 1964 Summer Olympics in the 1500m event and at the 1968 Summer Olympics in the 5000m and finished in ninth place on both occasions. On 23 July 1970 he set a European record in the 1500m, and next year won a European silver medal in the 5000m.
- Ladislao Joseph Philip Paul Zavrtal: Composer, dies at 92.
- German and Italian troops occupy Benghazi.
- Peru and Ecuador sign Protocol of Rio (boundary determination).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?