Tuesday 29 January 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Terror by Night, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1946 ?
- Bettye LaVette: American singer-songwriter.
- The Central Intelligence Group is established (the CIA in 1947).
- The last session of the Permanent Court of International Justice occurs.
- Yugoslavia's new constitution, modeling the Soviet Union, establishes 6 constituent republics (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia).
- Trygve Lie of Norway is selected as the first United Nations Secretary General.
- The Kingdom of Hungary becomes a republic.
- The Bank of England is nationalized.
- ENIAC (for ampquotElectronic Numerical Integrator and Computerampquot), an early general-purpose electronic computer, is unveiled at the University of Pennsylvania.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! What It Seemed to Be - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra (Vocal Marjorie Hughes)
- Johnny Mercer - Personality
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?