Saturday 29 January 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
They Who Dare, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1955 ?
- Eddie Jordan: American basketball player and head coach.
- Femi Pedro: Nigerian banker and politician.
- John Tate: United States -- Heavyweight boxer (1968 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Hans Hedtoft: premier of Denmark (1947-55), dies at age 51.
- John William Cox buys Yankee Stadium, sells grounds to Knights of Columbus, later leaves structure to Rice University (1962).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
- Georgia Gibbs - Tweedle Dee
- Ko Ko Mo (I Love You So) - The Crew-Cuts
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 January 1955 and get them!