Saturday 29 January 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Tate and Eddie Jordan.
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
They Who Dare, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1955 ?
- John Tate: United States -- Heavyweight boxer (1968 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Eddie Jordan: American basketball player and head coach.
- Femi Pedro: Nigerian banker and politician.
- Hans Hedtoft: premier of Denmark (1947-55), dies at age 51.
- John William Cox buys Yankee Stadium, sells grounds to Knights of Columbus, later leaves structure to Rice University (1962).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 January 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Georgia Gibbs - Tweedle Dee
- Ko Ko Mo (I Love You So) - The Crew-Cuts
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?