Friday 29 January 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1960 ?
- Steve Sax second baseman (Los Angeles Dodgers: New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox).
- Eddie Jackson bassist (Queensryche - "Breaking the Silence": "The Warning").
- Gregory Efthimos Louganis in San Diego: California, USA; champion diver (Olympics-gold-1984, 1988).
- J G Thirlwell: Australian-born musician.
- Sean Kerly: English field hockey player.
- Greg Louganis: American celebrity swimmer, the only diver in history to have a building altered for his benefit. In 1983, Air Force Academy raised a section of the ceiling over its platform so Louganis would not put a wrist or foot through it during Olympic Festival competition. He is the only diver to break 700 points on the platform and the record holder on the springboards. He is the only diver to have a perfect dive in competition, winner of a Silver Medal at the 1976 Olympics and Gold at the 1984 Olympics
- Cho-Liang Lin: in Taiwan; violinist (Queen Sophia first prize).
- Steve Sax: American baseball player and sportscaster
- JG Thirlwell: Australian-English singer-songwriter and producer (Wiseblood The Immaculate Consumptive Coil and Foetus)
- Matthew Ashford in Davenport: Iowa, USA; actor (Jack Devaraux - Days of Our Lives).
- Matthew Ashford: American actor, the star of several popular TV soap series.
- Gia Carangi: American model (d. 1986)
- Louis Jean Heydt: Actor (Joe-Waterfront), dies at 54.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?