Wednesday 29 January 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Gallagher and John Habyan.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Silence, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1964 ?
- John Gallagher: rugby league player.
- John Habyan: US baseball pitcher (Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Anna Ryder Richardson: British interior designer and television presenter.
- Roddy Frame: Scottish singer, songwriter, guitarist and founder of the group, Aztec Camera, in 1981.
- Andre Reed: American football player and sportscaster.
- Anna Richardson: Welsh interior designer and television host
- Alan Ladd: American film producer and the former president of 20th Century Fox, where he was the unsung hero beyond "Star Wars," helping to usher in the era of "women's movies.
- 9th Winter Olympic games open in Innsbruck, Austria
- Beatles record in German Komm, Gib Mir Diene Hand andSie Leibt Dich
- Unmanned Apollo 1 Saturn launcher test attains Earth orbit.
- Alan Ladd, actor (Shane), dies at age 50 in Palm Springs, California.
- NBC purchases AFL five-year (1965-69) TV rights for US$36 million.
- Most lopsided high-school basketball score: 211-29 (Louisiana).
- The Soviet Union launches 2 scientific satellites, Elektron I and II, from a single rocket.
- Ranger 6 is launched by NASA, on a mission to carry television cameras and crash-land on the Moon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Rick Nelson - For You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?