Saturday 29 January 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Davis in Great Falls and Hessley Hempstead.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1972 ?
- Scott Davis in Great Falls: Montana, USA; figure skater (Olympics-1994).
- Hessley Hempstead: NFL guard (Detroit Lions).
- Scott Davis: American Announcer of Track and Field (Born1943).
- Nicolas Le Riche: French dancer and choreographer.
- Engin Günaydın: Turkish actor and screenwriter.
- Brian Wood: writer and artist of graphic novels
- 5th ABA All-Star Game: East 142 beats West 115 at Louisville.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Badfinger - Day After Day
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain
- The Stylistics - You Are Everything
- The Jackson 5 - Sugar Daddy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?