Thursday 29 January 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Coraline, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ceville or Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 January 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 January
- Ford Motor Company reports a record US$14.6 billion full-year loss.
- Former American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's single "My Life Would Suck Without You" makes the largest ever leap to number one in Billboard chart history, rising 96 places in one week.
- The Illinois Senate votes unanimously to remove Governor Rod Blagojevich from office and bar him from future state employment. Lieutenant Governor Pat Quinn is sworn in to finish Blagojevich's term. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Afghanistan's presidential election is delayed due to the country's security situation. (Times Online)
- Zimbabwe allows the use of foreign currencies alongside its dollar. (BBC)
- Spanish Judge Fernando Andreu investigates a possible Israeli crime against humanity during the 2002 assassination of Salah Shehade. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- An Israeli Defense Forces air raid injures nine people in the Gaza Strip in response to continued militant rocket fire. (Al Jazeera)
- German unemployment rises to 3.27 million (7.8 percent) as the global financial crisis worsens. (Bloomberg)
- French workers strike to force a better response from President Nicolas Sarkozy to the global financial crisis. (Reuters)
- Somali pirates hijack the German oil tanker MV ''Longchamp'' in the Gulf of Aden. (Sky News)
- Violent anti-government protests in Antananarivo, Madagascar, are temporarily halted. (France 24)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?