Thursday 29 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1909 ?
- Henri Mirambeau: Montauban Military man.
- Marcel Vandernotte: French rower who competed in the 1932 Summer Olympics and in the 1936 Summer Olympics.
- Samm Baker: American author (d. 1997).
- Chester Himes: American-Spanish author (d. 1984).
- Georgy Mushel: Composer.
- John Haigh: British thief, forger and fraud for financial gain. The product of a strict upbringing in which any pleasure was considered sinful, he performed well in school at the same time that he began a criminal record. In November 1934 he served a prison sentence for fraud. He married that year and left his wife within the year. In 1949 he murdered a woman and disposed of her body in sulfuric acid. On 2/28/1949 he was arrested. He confessed to other murders, dating from 1944 and claimed to have drank the
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture - Arthur Pryor's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?