Saturday 29 July 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1950 ?
- Maricica Puica: Romania -- 2K runner (world record).
- Radu Voina: Romania -- Team handball (1972, 76, 80 Olympics - Silver / 2 Bronze Medals).
- Tommy Casanova: American football player in the NFL .
- Olivier Gardon: French classical pianist; a soloist, chamber music player and piano teacher.
- Jenny Holzer: American painter author and dancer.
- Mike Starr: American actor and singer
- Joe Fry: British racing driver (Born 1915).
- Pee Wee Reese, hits the 3,000th Dodger home run
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Play a Simple Melody - Gary Crosby & Friend (Bing Crosby)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?