Wednesday 29 July 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
From Here to Eternity, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1953 ?
- Tim Gunn: American television personality.
- Geddy Lee: Rock Singer.
- Frank McGuinness: Irish poet and playwright.
- Patti Scialfa: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (E Street Band).
- Ken Burns: American filmmaker of historical documentaries on such diverse subjects as the American Civil War, baseball and jazz.
- US bombers shot down at north of Wladiwostok
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?