Sunday 29 July 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1956 ?
- Faustino Ruperez: Spanish cyclist.
- Samual Herring: American sadist, the brutal attacker of Phyliss Cottle on 3/19/1984, 11:30 AM EST, Akron, OH.
- Brenda Hocott: LPGA golfer.
- Teddy Atlas: American boxer trainer and sportscaster.
- Ronnie Musgrove: American lawyer and politician 62nd Governor of Mississippi.
- Faustino Rupérez: Spanish cyclist
- WCKT (now WSVN) TV channel 7 in Miami, Florida (IND) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?