Tuesday 29 July 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Patricia by Perez Prado and His Orchestra.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1958 ?
- Alicia Gaspar de Alba: American writer whose works include historical novels and scholarly studies on Chicana/o art, culture and sexuality.
- Gail Dines: English-American author activist and academic.
- Simon Nye: English screenwriter and producer.
- Cynthia Rowley: American fashion designer.
- Southern Pacific Bay ferries stop running
- U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs into law the National Aeronautics and Space Act, which creates the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?