Friday 29 July 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Last Woman on Earth, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1960 ?
- Didier Van Cauwelaert: French writer and radio presenter, a novelist whose work includes "Les Vacances du Fantôme," "Cheyenne," and "Poisson D’amour.
- Eric Pieczak: French train driver and the current holder of the world rail speed record, in command of the 4402 train which reached a speed of 574.
- Richard Simon: cofounder of publisher Simon and Shuster, dies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?