Saturday 29 July 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Mysterious Island, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1961 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 July
- Bob Dylan injured in car accident
- Phillies lose 1st of 23 straight games
- Wallis and Futuna Islands becomes a French overseas territory.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Connie Francis - Together
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?