Monday 29 July 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to So Much In Love by The Tymes.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1963 ?
- Damon Allen: CFL quarterback (BC Lions).
- Michel Boerebach: Dutch soccer player (FC Twente).
- Patty Dodd: Bogota, Colombia -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open-2nd - 1988).
- Steve Frey: Meadowbrook, Pennsylvania -- Pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Hans-Holger Albrecht: Belgian-German businessman.
- Jim Beglin: Irish footballer and sportscaster
- Julie Elliott: English politician
- Alexandra Paul: American actress and producer
- Graham Poll: English footballer referee and journalist
- Alexandra Paul in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Christine, American Flyers, Dragnet).
- Dorian Le Gallienne: Composer, dies at 48.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?