Saturday 29 July 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bidisha and Mike Adams.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventureland or A Game of Concentration.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1978 ?
- Bidisha : British Indian broadcaster and journalist specialising in international affairs, social justice issues, arts and culture and international human rights.
- Mike Adams: American baseball player.
- Silver Eensaar: Estonian orienteer and rogainer.
- Marina Lazarovska: Macedonian tennis player.
- Wesley La Violette: Composer, dies at 84.
- 600,000 attend "Summer Jam" rock festival, Watkins Glen, New York.
- Penny Dean swims English Channel in record 7 hours 40 minutes.
- Pioneer 11 transmits images of Saturn and its rings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?