Wednesday 29 July 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennie Thompson and Andres Madrid.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Heavy Metal, directed by Gerald Potterton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MTV Music Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Route-16 or SwordThrust.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1981!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1981 ?
- Jennie Thompson: Wichita Falls, Texas -- Gymnast (Jr National Champ 93, Olympics - 1996).
- Andres Madrid: Argentine footballer.
- Fernando Alonso: Spanish Formula One car racing driver, he won twice the championship.
- Imad Ibn Ziaten: Master Sergeant Imad Ibn-Ziaten, aged 30, an off-duty paratrooper in the 1st Parachute Logistics Regiment (1er régiment du train parachutiste) was killed when he was shot in the head at point-blank range outside a gym in Toulouse, by terrorist Mohamed Merah on Sunday 11 March 2012.
- Emily Bauer: American actress singer and dancer.
- Matt Grice: American mixed martial artist and police officer
- Dyana Liu: Taiwanese-American actress
- Andrés Madrid: Argentinian footballer
- Troy Perkins: American soccer player
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Amphitheater is dedicated
- Iran ex-President Bani Sadr flees to Paris
- Prince Charles of England weds Lady Diana Spencer.
- A worldwide television audience of over 700 million people watch the wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer at St Paul's Cathedral in London.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?