Friday 29 July 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Eusebio and Tarjei Bø.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Cocktail, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akakage or Galaxy Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1988 ?
- Alexander Eusebio: Hong Kong-South Korean singer (U-KISS).
- Tarjei Bø: Norwegian biathlete.
- Sabrina van der Donk: Dutch model Miss Earth 2006.
- Ellin Berlin (MacKay): Mrs Irving Berlin, dies at age 86.
- Baltimore trades Mike Boddicker to the Red Sox for Brady Anderson and Curt Schilling
- Rick Sutcliffe swipes home, 1st pitcher since Pascual Perez in 1984 to steal home
- South African government bans anti-apartheid film Cry Freedom
- Last US Playboy Club (Lansing, Michigan) closes.
- Judge orders NASA to release unedited tape from Challenger cockpit.
- Gorbachev pushes plan electing president and parliament in March, 1989.
- FDIC bails out First Republic Bank, in Dallas, Texas with $4 billion.
- The film Cry Freedom is seized by South African authorities.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 July 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- Richard Marx - Hold On To The Nights
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- INXS - New Sensation
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?