Friday 29 July 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Change-Up, directed by David Dobkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Filthy Frank Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amnesia (visual novel) or Bastion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 July 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 July
- 2011 Syrian uprising
- An oil pipeline near the city of Homs is blown up by ampquotsaboteursampquot, according to the state news agency. (Reuters)
- Syrian forces kill at least 20 civilians in attacks on several pro-democracy demonstrations across Syria. (Reuters)
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa approves parliamentary reforms, which are rejected by opposition groups. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Tunisian revolution: Former President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali is sentenced ''in absentia'' to 16 years imprisonment for corruption. (Xinhua)
- Johnson Johnson announced that it will lower the maximum daily dosage of one of its signature products, Extra Strength Tylenol, in order to reduce the risk of liver damage. (Reuters)
- Pay-TV company BSkyB secures a seven year deal to share the United Kingdom broadcasting rights of Formula One racing. From March 2012 half the races will air on Sky, while the BBC retains the right to show the other half. (Bloomberg)
- A Polish report into the 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash that killed President Lech Kaczyński blames the Polish crew and Russian air traffic controllers for the accident. (UPI)
- The Prime Minister of South Korea, Kim Hwang-sik, calls for an overhaul of disaster management following the death of 59 people in floods and landslides caused by heavy rain in recent days. (Yonhap)
- At least twenty coal miners are killed and seventeen are missing following two accidents in the Ukraine. (AP via Google News)
- South Sudan joins the African Union as its 54ampsupampthamp/supamp member. (''The Hindu'')
- North Korea threatens to dispose of South Korean assets at the jointly-run Mount Kumgang resort. (Reuters)
- The Chief of the armed forces along with the heads of the army, navy and air force all resign in Turkey. (BBC)
- Ajmal Kasab, the last surviving gunman from the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks, launches an appeal against his death sentence in India. (Sky News)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- The legal team representing Glenn Mulcaire, the private investigator at the centre of claims of phone hacking, says that he ampquotacted on the instructions of othersampquot. (BBC)
- MPs on the Culture, Media and Sport Committee vote not to recall James Murdoch after his evidence was called into question by two senior News International executives. However, he may have to appear again later after more evidence is heard. (BBC)
- Baroness Peta Buscombe announces her intention to step down as Chair of the Press Complaints Commission following criticism about the way she handled the scandal. (BBC)
- Appearing in court, protester Jonathan May-Bowles admits to throwing a foam pie at Rupert Murdoch as he gave evidence to a Parliamentary Committee. (BBC)
- Christopher Jefferies, an early suspect in the investigation into the murder of Joanna Yeates, accepts ampquotsubstantialampquot libel damages from eight British newspapers after they published details of his private life. ''The Sun'' and ''Daily Mirror'' are also fined for contempt of court in their reporting of the investigation. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?