Sunday 29 July 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Campaign, directed by Jay Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damien's Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CityVille 2 or Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 29 July 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 July
- Syrian Civil War (2011–present):
- Fierce fighting continues in Syria's second city of Aleppo. (Al Jazeera)
- Jordan opens its first camp for refugees fleeing Syria. (Petra News Agency)
- A security agent serving for the Italian embassy in Sana'a is kidnapped by gunmen in Yemen. (BBC)
- Tropical Storm Khanun kills 88 people and leaves 60,000 homeless in North Korea, according to state media. (''Business Week'')
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo accuses Rwanda of backing rebels hostile to the Congolese government. (Reuters)
- Ten more Islamists are arrested in the United Arab Emirates as part of a crackdown on dissidents, according to activists. (''Times of India'')
- Thousands of anti-nuclear protesters form a human chain around the Japanese parliament in Tokyo. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- Thousands of people protest against plans to introduce national patriotism lessons in Hong Kong schools, calling it Chinese propaganda. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Voters in Romania go to the polls for an impeachment referendum against the President of Romania Traian Băsescu. (BBC)
- New research published in this week's ''Nature Geoscience'' details a mechanism by which carbon is drawn down from the surface of the Southern Ocean to deeper water below. (Phys.org)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?