Monday 29 June 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
I promessi sposi, directed by Mario Morais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1908 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Leroy Anderson: American composer and conductor (d. 1975).
- Erik Lundqvist: Swedish javelin thrower (d. 1963).
- Paul Lebeau: Flemish writer (Last Rose, Xanthippe).
- Rene Gerber: Composer.
- John Hench: in Iowa, USA; joined Disney Studios in 1939 as artist and story editor, designed Disneyland projects, Walt Disney World plans, Tokyo Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Animal Kingdom, named a Disney Legend in 1990.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?