Monday 29 June 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1914 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Allan Houser: Native American artist (d. 1994).
- Paul-Henri Grauwin: French medical doctor who served with the French Army, most notably commanding the "Mobile Surgical Unit" during the prolonged Battle of Dien Bien Phu, after which he was taken prisoner on 7 May 1954 and briefly held captive by the Viet Minh.
- Rafael Kubelik: Bohemian-born Swiss conductor, musical director, and composer, who was noted for his frequent guest appearances with major orchestras throughout the world.
- Pierre Sarrazin: Billezois EXecutives.
- Rafael Kubelík: Czech-American conductor and composer (d. 1996).
- Christos Papakyriakopoulos: Greek-American mathematician and academic (d. 1976)
- Jina Guseva attempts to assassinate Grigori Rasputin at his home town in Siberia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Celebratin' Day in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- You're Here and I'm Here - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?