Tuesday 29 June 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Faces of Children, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1926 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Bob Lavoy: American athlete, played pro basketball from 1951-1954 for the Indianapolis Olympians, the Milwaukee Hawks and the Syracuse Nationals.
- Jaber Al-Sabah: Kuwaiti ruler 3rd Emir of Kuwait (d. 2006).
- James Baxter: New Zealand writer, a poet, dramatist, literary critic and social commentator.
- Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (d. 2006).
- Elliot Alexander: American TV producer.
- Carter Woodson wins Springarn Medal for research of Black history
- Arthur Meighen returns to office as Prime Minister of Canada.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Valencia - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Governor's Pardon - Vernon Dalhart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?