Saturday 29 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Egon von Furstenberg and Ernesto Perez Balladares.
A Stolen Life, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1946 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Egon von Furstenberg: Swiss fashion designer (d. 2004).
- Ernesto Perez Balladares: Panamanian politician.
- Ernesto Balladares: Panamanian politician 33rd President of Panama.
- Egon von Fürstenberg: Swiss fashion designer (d. 2004).
- Are You with It? closes at Century Theater NYC after 264 performances
- Billion Dollar Baby closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 219 performances
- Black Sabbath-Brits arrest 2700 Jews in Palestine as alleged terrorist
- British mandatory government of Palestine arrests 100 leaders of Yishnuv
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 June 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?